Standing for long periods of time on cold, hard floors causes general fatigue plus a host of other health complaints. These conditions, coupled with slips, trips and falls lead to decreased productivity, absenteeism and ultimately cost employers millions each year. Blue Diamond industrial mats are designed to reduce these occupational risks to a minimum and create a safe, comfortable working environment.
Up to 80% of workers who stand at work suffer from backache, headaches, poor circulation or knee and foot problems. Research has proved that using an anti-fatigue mat during an 8 hour period reduces tiredness and increases comfort by 50% in comparison to a hard floor. The matting encourages posture change and insulates the feet from temperature extremes and vibration, often reducing levels of absenteeism by up to 30%. 20% of accidents in the workplace are caused by slips, trips and falls. Anti-slip surfacing or raised duckboards can eliminate these risks by keeping feet off wet, slippery floors. Breakage of delicate items and tools can be costly and troublesome to clean up. Matting can be utilised to protect both floors and equipment.
- Sticky step plastic is a contamination control mat formed of 30 adhesive layers. Dust and dirt are effectively captured when foot-traffic or equipment wheels pass over it into the controlled environment. The numbered layers can be easily peeled off to reveal a new clean surface. Suitable for use in cleanrooms, laboratories, pharmaceutical areas and specialist manufactuing, e.g. aerospace.
- Kumfi Pebble is a light duty anti fatigue mat designed for use in dry environments. The mat is manufactured from 9.4mm thick closed cell vinyl foam, and comes with a pebble surface pattern for added traction and grip. With bevel edges to all sides, the Kumf Pebble is available in a range of widths that can be cut to size.
- Kumfi Diamond is a medium duty anti fatigue mat for use in a wide variety of dry environments. All varieties of this mat come complete with a diamond plate surface pattern and bevelled edges, to enhance worker comfort and safety. The 12.7mm thick, closed cell vinyl foam construction, means the Kumfi Diamond has good wear resistance to general industrial use.
- Kumfi Tough is a premium closed cell vinyl sponge mat, for heavy duty dry environments. With an overall product height of 14.3mm, the Kumfi Tough has a hard vinyl slip resistant top deckplate which is bonded to the sponge base for added durability. All sides are bevelled to esure a seamless transition between the mat and floor surface.
- Ecosorb is an anti-fatigue nitrile rubber mat designed for combined use with a replaceable sorbent. Manufactured from high quality 100% nitrile rubber, this mat is the perfect option for use in medium duty wet or oily industrial environments. The raised ramped edges form a tray around the mat whilst the grippy surface prevents the sorbent from moving.
- Happy Feet is a solid top nitrile mat with outstanding anti-fatigue properties and is resistant to chemicals, animal fats, machine oils and petroleum products. The cleated back minimises movement on the floor whilst the textured surface and bevelled borders maximise safety. Ideal for use in heavy duty industrial applications including welding areas and static sensitive areas.
- ESD Kumfi Pebble is formulated to dissipate static electricity. Simple worker tasks - working, walking or even sitting on certain types of stools - creates static electric. Left unchecked, static can discharge into static sensitive equipment, potentially causing damage. Conductive/Anti-static matting drains static from workers, preventing unpleasant static shocks and safeguarding equipment.